Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Franken Inspired by "Granite"

OK, so I've noticed that just recently there have been a few different bloggers posting about I'm Feeling Nailventurous's beautiful polish "Granite":  THIS ONE from "I've got the Glitter Jitters", THIS ONE by "Holographic Hussy", and THIS ONE by "Superficially Colorful".  They are bitter-sweet, in that the polish is super-gorgeous (as all Nailventurous polishes are), and that it is no longer available for purchase, as Amy has decided to no longer sell her polishes.  Although I totally support her decision to do what is best for her, I am super-bummed that her gorgeous creations will no longer be made, since I have a bunch of them on my wish list.    

So what's a girl to do?  Franken!! :-)

Here are my base polishes:

Sinful Colors "Snow Me White", China Glaze "Recycle", Nail'd It "Muddy Buddies", and Windestine's "Into the Wild".  I also threw in a few more black medium & small hexes.  I mixed just a little of the CG with the SMW and then added the glitter polishes till my mini bottle was about 1/2 full.  I added suspension base, and then the loose glitters.  I think I'll call it "Bed Rock" ;-).  The original "Granite" looks like it has a lot more small black glitters, and it also has white hexes in it, but I decided not to add them.    I'm actually still debating that decision...

SWATCH TIME! (click on the pics to en-biggen)


Sorry the writing's so small.  From right (pinky) to left (pointer):  2 coats of "Bed Rock" alone. 3 coats of BR alone. 2 coats of BR over Sinful Colors "Snow Me White". 2 coats of BR over China Glaze "Recycle".

Sooooo, I think I like the 3 coats alone the best, followed closely by the white undies.  The opacity came out perfectly on this, so that it's sheer enough to see the glitters in the bottom layers, and it builds up to full coverage.  Although I'm quite happy with my franken, I think I'm going to tweak it a bit to look more like the original.  Well, at least I don't feel so bad about missing out on the real "Granite" ;-).  What do you think?


6 comments:

  1. Wow!! You got so close!! I might have to franken too... I'm disapointed I can't get that polish too. It's so pretty.

    GREAT JOB!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy! I LOVE Nailventurous polishes! I'll be trying to copy a few more. Let me know if you come up with a version of "Granite"...I'd love to see it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to try frankening and save my money- lol! Love your blog and nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award.

    http://valiantlyvarnished.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, thanks Ameerah!!! Yes, you should try frankening!! It's so fun! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! I really like what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete