Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Try it on Tuesday: Rainbow Honey "Koi Pond"

I recently got 4 Rainbow Honeys!  Yes, they are on the pricey side for me, but I just couldn't resist, especially with all the beautiful swatches popping up in blogland lately.  So I figured it would be perfect to try out one of my Rainbow Honey for Jilltastic Nail Design's "Try It On Tuesday", where you do a mani with a polish from your stash which you have not yet tried.  
Click to see what other bloggers are trying on! :-)

"Koi Pond" is the polish that first made me take notice of Rainbow Honey, so I figured it should go first.  I love koi ponds, they're so relaxing, so a polish that looks so much like one is an awesome idea!

I picked a nice dark blue for "undies": NYC Nail Glossies #243B.
Sorry, I got excited and had started my glitter on my pinky before I realized I should take step-by-step pics ;-)

Koi Pond is PACKED with glitter!  By packed, I mean like absolutely full!  

So, these nails are each ONLY ONE (1) brush-ful of "Koi Pond".  These are in the sun:



And this one's inside.  Still super-blingy!

ONE brush-ful.  The glitter was obviously thick, so I topped it with Gelous and then a generous coat of Seche Vite.  They are smooth, but still could have used another coat of Gelous for that glass-like finish.

Is that gorgeous, or what??  I mean, it is totally a koi pond!  I love it!

And what's a koi pond without some lily pads?

No flash:

  
These are free-handed, but I was actually wanting to do a stamp of lily pads.  Problem is that of the FOUR sets of stamping plates I own, not a single plate has lily pads :-(

I LOVE "Koi Pond", and I can't wait to try my other Rainbow Honeys.  The polishes are packaged in beautiful little boxes, and the brochure I received with my last order is so professional.  You can order polishes from her Equestria Collection at her new website HERE (click "Shop").  "Koi Pond" is from her previous "Sakura Matsuri" collection, which looks like will be available later this summer.  I've got my eye on "Hanami" ;-)  

2 comments:

  1. That is adorable! Lily pads ~ lol ;) I have *whispers* a lot of stamping plates and no lily pads. Very cute! And now I want Koi Pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mani! Loving Koi Pond!

    ReplyDelete