Monday, August 20, 2012

Early TIOT with Utopia's Polish "Coral Reef" and Sinful Colors "Clementine"

My last manicure lasted almost a week!  I really love "Band Geek"!!  

I finally changed it tonight, keeping in mind that tomorrow is "Try It On Tuesday" on Jilltastic Designs FB Page., and picking "untried" polishes that have been malingering in my stash.

I also chose "untried" polishes with names that begin with "C", so I can participate in Lustrous Lacquer's "Alphabet Challenge" too.  

So I started with Sinful Colors "Clementine"


This is a perfect shade of orange for me, because it's not too bright against my skin.  But the formula was thick and streaky and it took 3 coats to even it out.  If a polish needs 3 coats, it is not welcome in my collection.  So I added about 4 drops of polish thinner, and I re-painted my pinkie with only 2 coats, and it went on much, much smoother, so it can stay!  

But this is a pretty tame manicure for me.  So I searched my polish names, and came up with Utopia's Polish "Coral Reef".  Because of the thickness of the glitter, I decided on trying partial glitter coverage except for the accent nails.


 With Flash:

Oh my glitterness, this is one serious bottle of sparkly explosion!  I used only 2 coats of polish, and my accent nail is almost completely covered.  I actually added some glamour base to my bottle just to dilute the glitter a bit.  I absolutely love these colors!  

You can visit Virginia's shop on Etsy HERE.  She's very nice and makes amazing polishes!  I have 2 more of her polishes that are "untried" too, so I'll have to keep them on the radar.  

Hope you like this combo as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. I love this shade of orange! Many I've seen are too corally but this is lovely. And the glitter is scrummy. Amazing for halloween.

    ReplyDelete