Sunday, August 12, 2012

Roses & Dots Inspired by Robin Moses

I got some cool new nail art brushes yesterday, and I've been itching to try them.  And I realzed that my nails have become so long that they are getting in the way and annoying me, and I'm having to be extra-careful to make sure I don't rip/snag/break them.  So  I took off the super-blingy colorful multi-Zoya mani, and decided on finding a nail art design.  

I browsed through my "Must-Do-Mani's" Board on Pinterest, and THIS ONE by Robin Moses caught my eye.  It's black & red & very cute!  My manicure is not just "inspired" by this video, it is a dead-on copy ;-)





I used Essie "Sold Out Show" for the base, which has a nice hint of iridescence.  The black is China Glaze "Liquid Leather", and the reds are Zoya "Diana" and "America".  I used a striper brush, a small art brush & a dotting tool to make the design.

My french tip lines need more practice, but I AM getting better! ;-)  I might need to just stick to my usual straight-line french tip, though.  But I really like my accent nail, and next time I'll make it my main design, with the french tip as the accent.

Robin Moses has like a gazillion designs and videos on YouTube, so grab a nice beverage and carve out some time to go through them and get inspired! :-)

1 comment: